To provide participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively and efficiently negotiate company deals with regards to purchasing or procuring goods or/and service functions for best and most economically advantageous proposals.
Through a critical linkage of leading-edge concepts and best practices, participants will acquire the knowledge & skills to effectively manage the executive negotiation function at top management levels.
The topics covered will include:
- The concept of strategic & operational negotiation management
- How to craft negotiation strategies, plans and programs
- How to develop the proper negotiation organization, policies, systems and procedures.
- How to determine the required negotiated manpower requirement — composition, competency & quality
- Managing strategic and corporate negotiation operations
- Managing project negotiations
- Managing vendor relations
- Presentation skill for executive negotiation management
- Communication management
- Stakeholders management
- Supplier Market Analysis for effective and result targeted negotiation management
- Managing negotiation information management system
EXECUTIVE NEGOTIATION STRATEGIES AND TECHNIQUES COURSE CONTENT
Turn dialogue to your advantage using proven techniques and strategies
This course opens up a toolbox of proven techniques for gaining advantage in all forms of negotiations, whether with suppliers, customers, regulators, colleagues or employees.
You will learn to define entry, exit and negotiating positions, manage relationships and negotiating dynamics, and secure a fair deal that optimizes your interests.
Who should Attend
This is an advanced-level course designed for learners in senior roles, aspiring to mastery and innovation. Learning is pitched at a level to help you to synthesize best practice and direct strategic implementation.
This course is recommended for all managers and professionals in all roles and levels who are called upon to plan, manage or conduct negotiations of any kind, whether suppliers, customers, regulators, colleagues or employees.
This course covers the following modules:
- Preparing a negotiation strategy
- Negotiation technique toolbox
- Negotiation in practice: workshops
- The topics covered by each module are detailed below.
About This Course
What to Expect
This course is a highly practical, vocational, “how-to” programme based around real-world tools, checklists and processes that will be immediately useful to you back in your day job.
You will not have to sit through long lectures or presentations – this course uses active learning to help you internalize the topic and apply it in the real world.
This course comprises three modules each covering a set of key concepts and skills.
Within each module, best practice and key concepts are covered off in a concise briefing, followed by stimulating learning activities like workshops, discussions, case studies and role-play exercises.
After this course you will be able to:
- Prepare a negotiation strategy, taking account of entry and exit positions
- Master and deploy a range of effective negotiation tactics
- Manage and execute negotiations using personal communication skills to optimize outcomes for your organization.
Preparing a Negotiation Strategy
This module covers strategy and best practice in planning for negotiation.
- What Negotiation is?
- Are you a talented or Skillful Negotiator?
- Being a diehard GO GETTER Negotiator
- Emotional Intelligence for Negotiators
- Planning and Setting up the negotiation team
- Entry and exit positions
- Business Analysis
- Issues and negotiating positions
- Managing relationships
- Expected outcomes and consequences
Negotiation Technique Toolbox
This module covers tried-and-tested tactics that you can apply in any form of negotiation.
Simulating power dynamics
Negotiation Styles by nature
Understanding the chain of supplies
Understanding the Markets involved
The tricks and powers in winning at all times
Iterative negotiation techniques
Teamwork in negotiation
Lessons from case studies of successful negotiation
Setting Up Service Level Agreement
Negotiation in Practice: Workshops
- Time Management for the negotiation professionals
- Understanding communication
- Iterative negotiation techniques
- BATNA (Best alternative to a negotiated agreement) analysis
- Teamwork in negotiation
- Lessons from case studies of successful negotiation
- How persuasive are you? (A live exercise to test your skills and ability to persuade others)
- Applying effective persuasive techniques in a variety of business situations
This module is a 100% practical series of negotiation simulation exercises and role-plays in which you will apply and refine your newly-learned negotiation approaches and techniques.
- Individual and group exercises
- Case studies