MONITORING AND EVALUATION
Introduction to the course
In order to measure success and report on results, development workers and public-sector managers create monitoring and evaluation systems. Such systems make it possible to learn from experience and improve programme and project performance. Monitoring and evaluation is therefore an essential function for all organizations, programmes and projects, and consequently international and public-sector organizations have for several years been investing in the creation of such structures. To meet the need for specialist knowledge in this field, we are offering this programme that provides all the technical skills and tools required to ensure effective monitoring of projects and programmes, and to manage the various evaluations that are part of the programming cycle.
Who attends this course?
Monitoring and evaluation specialists; project coordinators; programme managers; independent evaluators; donor staff appraising and evaluating projects and programmes; non-governmental organization officials involved in monitoring and evaluating
What topics does this course cover?
Identify areas of improvement and brush up on your technical and managerial skills.
- Results-based management
- Monitoring, reporting and control
- Risk management
- Evaluation of development programmes and projects
- Monitoring and evaluation system, methodologies, tools and techniques
What will I learn?
- Theories of and approaches to monitoring and evaluation
- The linkages between monitoring, reporting, control, audit, research, and evaluation
- All about the components of a successful monitoring and evaluation system, and how to create one
- Methodologies, tools and techniques to run a monitoring and evaluation system
What will I be able to do?
Work with your peers to hone your skills, and put them to use right away.
- Engage stakeholders through managerial and soft skills
- Build an M&E plan
- Design empirical project evaluation
- Evaluate impact using quantitative and qualitative approaches
- Develop a communication plan to share results, recommendations, and emerging practices
Why should I join?
- Monitoring and evaluation skills are essential to professionals working in development.
- Employers that sponsor participants obtain new or revised monitoring and evaluation plans through the course for their organisation.
- Successful Participants receive a professional certificate attesting their capacity to effectively monitor and evaluate projects and programmes.
- The programme was developed and is implemented by monitoring and evaluation experts and practitioners.
- Participatory activities include self-guided modules, webinars, an online forum, practical assignments, coaching and tutoring.
- Participants get permanent access to the training material and a monitoring and evaluation toolkit.
Introduction to monitoring and evaluation
- Terms and concepts applied in M & E Processes
- Main difference between monitoring and evaluation
- The value for monitoring and evaluation in the implementation of projects
- Types of indicators and Identifying outcome indicators for your project
- Monitoring and Evaluation in the Project Cycle Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation Plan
- Monitoring and Evaluation Framework
- Types of M & E Frameworks
- Role of in Monitoring and Evaluation Project planning
Understanding the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan
- Describe the functions of an M&E plan
- Describe the main elements of an M&E Plan
- Define standards for an M&E plan
- Describe some of the complexities of M &E Plan
- Provide an overview of M&E plan implementation modalities
Data Collection/Capture/Data Quality Checks
- Identify types of data collection tools (This will comparing these tools with the tools currently in use in your organization to identify areas of improvement)
Identify type of tools at each M &E level
- Define data capture
- Identify key steps in data capture
- Define data quality
- Quantitative methods
- Qualitative methods
Data Analysis/Interpretation & Reporting
- Role of data analysis in monitoring and evaluation
- Types of data analysis
- Interpretation of data
- Deciding which reporting methods to use
- Writing an effective M/E report
- Communication of M&E findings for action and accountability
The Logistics of Monitoring and Evaluating
- Performance Monitoring and Evaluation
- Performance Monitoring Presentation
- Monitoring Projects with Project Monitoring Integrated Systems (PMIS)
- Performance Evaluation Participatory M&E Approaches
- Strategic Forecasting techniques
- Tactical/Departmental Forecasting techniques
- M&E Forecasting techniques
- Stakeholders Management
- Stakeholders planning
- Stakeholders Priotization
- Stakeholders optimization
- Power/Interest Grid Matrix as a tool
- Using any kind of ERP for M & E operations (Enterprise Resource Planner)
Monitoring and Evaluation Risk Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation Project Risk Auditing
- Risk Priotization and Categorization
Data Management and Information Use
- Data Sources
- Data Quality
Designing a Qualitative Evaluation
- Conducting Participatory
Designing a Quantitative Evaluation
- Sampling Procedures in Quantitative Designs
Monitoring and Evaluation Data Collection
- Data collection plans
- Data collection instruments
- Data Interpretation & Use – SPSS
- Data Interpretation & Use-MS Excel
- Communicating M&E Results
- Sustaining M&E Systems
- Sustaining the M&E in Org
- M&E Consulting M&E Consulting
- Final Project Assignment – Presentations
- Presentation of Final Project
September 28, 2022
What is the cost of training, the mode and duration?
January 5, 2023
Please send your request to [email protected] We will send the full details toy our email. Thank you
January 5, 2023
We offer Virtual or as a physical class training modes for this course it depends on your choice. It is a 3 day training and the course fee is N180,000. Kindly let us know when you would be registering to attend. Thank you