NEGOTIATION SKILLS COURSE DESCRIPTION
To provide participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively and efficiently negotiate company deals with regards to purchasing or procuring goods or/and service functions for best and most economically advantageous proposals.
This course is a highly practical, vocational, “how-to” program based around real-world tools, checklists and processes that will be immediately useful to you back in your day job.
You will not have to sit through long lectures or presentations – this course uses active learning to help you internalize the topic and apply it in the real world.This course comprises three modules each covering a set of key concepts and skills.
Within each module, best practices and key concepts are covered off in a concise briefing, followed by stimulating learning activities like workshops, discussions, case studies and role-play exercises.
After this course you will be able to:
• Prepare a Negotiation Skills strategy, taking account of entry and exit positions
• Master and deploy a range of effective Negotiation Skills tactics
• Manage and execute negotiations using personal communication skills to optimize outcomes for your organization
• Have Influencing skills
• Understand Some basics of negotiation
• Understanding conflicts, managing conflicts, managing win-win
• Handle difficult conversations
• Share prompt feedback
• Preparing a negotiation strategy
Through a critical linkage of leading-edge concepts and best practices, participants will acquire the knowledge & skills to effectively manage the executive negotiation function at top management levels. The topics covered will include:
• The concept of strategic & operational Negotiation Skills management
• How to craft Negotiation Skills strategies, plans and programs
• How to develop the proper negotiation organization, policies, systems and procedures
• How to determine the required negotiated manpower requirement — composition, competency & quality
• Managing strategic and corporate negotiation operations
• Managing project negotiations
• Managing vendor relations
• Presentation skill for executive negotiation management
• Communication management
• Stakeholders management
• Supplier Market Analysis for effective and result targeted Negotiation Skills management
• Managing negotiation information management system
NEGOTIATION SKILLS COURSE OBJECTIVES INCLUDES:
• Turn dialogue to your advantage using proven techniques and strategies
• This course opens up a toolbox of proven techniques for gaining an advantage in all forms of negotiations, whether with suppliers, customers, regulators, colleagues or employees.
• You will learn to define entry, exit and negotiating positions, manage relationships and negotiating dynamics, and secure a fair deal that optimizes your interests.
Who should attend?
This is course is designed for learners in senior roles, aspiring to mastery and innovation. Learning is pitched at a level to help you to synthesize best practices and direct strategic implementation.
This course is recommended for all Procurement and Purchasing managers and professionals in all roles and levels who are called upon to plan, manage or conduct negotiations of any kind, whether suppliers, customers, regulators, colleagues or employees.
This course covers the following modules:
• Preparing a Negotiation Skills strategy
• Negotiation Skills toolbox
• Negotiation in practice: workshops
• The topics covered by each module are detailed below
NEGOTIATION SKILLS COURSE OUTLINE
• What Negotiation is?
• Are you a talented or Skillful Negotiator?
• Being a diehard GO GETTER Negotiator
• Emotional Intelligence for Negotiators
• Planning and Setting up the negotiation team
• Entry and exit positions
• Business Analysis
• Issues and negotiating positions
• Managing relationships
• Expected outcomes and consequences
• Negotiations Skills using the DISC theory
• Art and Science of Negotiations Skills
• Understanding relations between conflicts and negotiations
• Identify key roles and responsibilities of negotiating team
• Preparing for negotiations
• Implement an effective negotiations process
• Understanding key success bargaining factors
• Concluding the negotiations and closing the deal
• Simulating power dynamics of negotiation
• Negotiation Styles by nature
• Understanding the chain of supplies
• Understanding the Markets involved
• The tricks and powers in winning at all times
• Iterative Negotiation Skills• BATNA analysis
• Teamwork in negotiation
• Lessons from case studies of successful negotiation
Negotiation in practice: workshops
• Time Management for the negotiation professionals
• Understanding communication
• Iterative negotiation techniques
• BATNA (Best alternative to a negotiated agreement) analysis
• Teamwork in negotiation
• Flexible Fiscal Regimes
• Why Dynamic Terms are used for Negotiation in Contracts
This module is a 100% practical series of negotiation simulation exercises and role-plays in which you will apply and refine your newly-learned negotiation approaches and techniques.
• Individual and group exercises
• Case studies
Duration is two days