Leadership development and Team Building
Deepen your self-awareness with effective leadership training and empower your staff to improve performance. Wondering about your organization’s future? It’s vital to be well-equipped to optimize your company’s performance-as well as your own career-with effective leadership training and competencies. To exhibit real competencies in leadership, you must be a visionary, a trailblazer, a strategist, a communicator, a coach, a diplomat, and a politician. The world’s most successful leaders are able to focus on the big picture and uphold high standards while wearing many hats.
Increase the individual’s knowledge and skill levels in team building and team working skills. Gain skills using methods, techniques and tools which will improve the delegates’ effectiveness as team leaders and team members.
Presentations on key areas will be reinforced during the “hands on” workshop sessions to develop methods and techniques which can be directly applied to the individuals own work situation.
Improve the individuals understanding of effective communication within the team and as reported to external departments and contacts.
The course details the key skills required by anyone required to lead a team or those required to work within one. The main subject areas which will be addressed in detail are team building, team management, the individual’s roles within the team, communication and problem solving methods and techniques will also be demonstrated with regard to practical applications within a team structure. Providing the opportunity to develop skills and practice techniques.
A variety of training methods are used on the course, including presentation, discussion, exercises, class workshops and demonstrations.
This seminar combines instructor-led training with in-class pre- and post-seminar assessments, tune-up courses, and other resources to maximize your training goals. Combining proven instructor-led seminars and powerful in-class technology, this blended learning provides a compelling and more comprehensive experience for you-producing a greater return on investment for you and your employer.
With this leadership training, you will expedite the development of your leadership skills.
What You’ll Learn
- Build competent leadership style that creates trust, sets a clear vision, and guides your entire team toward greater performance and profit
- Gain insights into the key executive leadership skills and techniques you need to create a winning strategy
- Learn what real coaching consists of and how to build an extraordinary team that works together to deliver results
- Develop heightened emotional intelligence for greater professional achievement and satisfaction
- Characteristics of effective leadership and the most common saboteur
- Raise skill levels to produce effective practical knowledge of methods and techniques.
- Understand the nature, purpose and structure of a working team and the individual requirements which contribute to its success.
- Effective use of a range of tools and techniques to improve communications and relations within the team.
- Understand the differences and effectiveness of different types of communication.
- Use these techniques to build an effective structure and Team process that can be used to deliver professional results for the team on a consistent basis.
- Increased understanding and awareness of how to solve problems within a team.
Who Needs to Attend
- Mid-level managers or executives who lead others with managerial responsibility
- All executives or members of a team who require strong decision-making skills and the ability to work successfully with people and motivate others
Understanding Today’s effective Leadership Expectations
- Examining your leadership challenges
- Exploring the fundamental concepts of executive leadership
- The four-factor model of effective executive leadership
- Differentiating between leadership and management
- Executive leadership requirements for the 21st century
Leadership with the Head: Exploring the Strategic Elements of Leadership competencies
- Defining mission, vision, and values
- Focusing on the big picture when building the culture
- The importance of planning and prioritizing in day-to-day activities
- Taking the time to focus on envisioning the future
- How a personal vision statement helps you achieve your organizational vision
Leadership with the Hands: Examining Situational Leadership
- Effectively influencing the performance of others
- Applying Situational Leadership in coaching situations: delegating to high-performing employees and properly addressing performance issues
- Giving positive and constructive feedback: you vs. I messages
- Coaching role-plays and other techniques that help you lead the team with effective executive leadership, boost creativity, improve communication, solve problems, and make decisions
Leadership with the Feet: Personal Values and Ethics at Work
- Understanding the challenges you face and the various ways you can manage them
- Creating a culture of trusting relationships
- How individualized “passionate purpose” provides a context for consistency and credibility
Leadership with the Heart: Practicing Ways to Communicate
- Effective leadership techniques for enhancing pride in the work and the organization
- Motivating the workforce: three elements that ensure increased job satisfaction and productivity
- Examining the role of emotional intelligence in successful executive leadership
- Assessing your emotional intelligence: your strengths and areas that need development
Stakeholders Management for effective results for building the right team
- Establishing Team Rules
- SWOT analysis
- Building on individual Strengths and improving weaknesses.
- The individual within the team.
- Oral, written and visual
- Within and out with the Team.
- Establishing Roles within the team
- Class workshop
Characteristics of a Team
- Awareness of unity
- Team Creativity
- Team Decisions
- Interpersonal team relationship
- Elements of stakeholders Management
- Stakeholders Analysis
- Stakeholders Planning
- Stakeholders Priotization techniques
- Methods and techniques
- Resolving issues
- Course summary and close
Strategic Partner process Management
- Delegation Operations Management Planning
- Strategic Alignment for the effective leader
- Setting –up an integrated Structure for Leaders
Leadership Management detailing technique
- The Work Structure of work supervision/Management
- Planning work conversion method
- Implementation technique
Creating an Effective Leadership Development Plan (Live Simulation leadership session)
- Qualities of a successful coach/ Leader
- Identifying the opportunities available in the system
- How to build and maintain a coaching session for continual Leadership development
- Placing the emphasis for self-development where it should be
- Constructing and using learning logs
- Appropriate techniques to match specific situations
- Giving constructive feedback
- Monitoring your coaching effectiveness
- Leadership and management quality assurance
- Is there a difference?
- Developing a plan based on your goals and your organization’s strategy