CPR First Aid refers to During cardiac arrest, there may be no blood waft. Chest compressions create a small quantity of blood waft to the crucial organs consisting of the mind and coronary heart – the greater powerful the chest compressions, the greater blood waft is produced. Chest compressions which might be too shallow or too sluggish or chest compressions which might be interrupted often do now no longer supply as tons blood waft to the mind and coronary heart as powerful chest compressions.
Every time chest compressions are restarted following an interruption, the primary few compressions aren’t as powerful as later compressions. Frequent or extended interruptions in chest compressions lower blood waft and the sufferer‘s threat of survival.
CPR won’t shop the sufferer even if finished properly, however if began out inside four mins of cardiac arrest and defibrillation is furnished inside 10 mins, someone has a 40% threat of survival.
CPR gives a trickle of oxygenated blood to the mind and coronary heart and continues those organs alive. In different words, Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) serves as an synthetic heartbeat and an synthetic respirator till defibrillation can surprise the coronary heart right into a regular rhythm or emergency device arrives.
This two-days first aid course is the standard training recommended for workplace first aid providers. It’s also good for anybody who wants to be able to help during a medical emergency. Medical emergencies related to ill health or an accident can happen anywhere at any time – this course will ensure you know what to do.
What you’ll gain
The course emphasises practical skills in a fun and interactive learning environment. On completion you will:
- Be able to recognise life-threatening situations.
- Be able to offer vital assistance before more experienced help arrives.
- Be ready to advance your first aid training to the next level.
Who Should Attend?
Members of Staffs of the work force drawn from all areas of the premises ensuring no area are left unrepresented.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- List their duties as First Aiders
- Deliver practical on-the field First Aid operations and emergency Situations
- Identify professional and proper use of the First Aid Kit
- Assist in the management of pre-medical procedures before the arrival of doctors
- Select and use the appropriate first aid equipment to deal with an un-escalated emergency situation of members of staff and colleague
Introduction to Workplace First Aid Management
- First Aid priorities
- The First Aid Kit and Reporting Procedures
- Assessing the Scene & Emergency Response System Notification
- State Laws and regulatory awareness to First Aid Management and Safety at work
- Universal Precautions
- Injury Assessment
- Respiratory Distress
- Assessing the Casualty and Situation
- The Unconscious Casualty
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Head injuries
First Aid workplace Emergency Management practices
- Heart Attack, Seizures and Diabetes
- Burns and Scalds
- Choking and Asthma
- Severe Bleeding
- Abrasions, Lacerations, Puncture Wounds and Amputations
- Eye Injury
- Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals
- Sprains and Strains
- Head, Neck or Spine Injury
- Broken Bone or Fracture
- Temperature-Related Illness
- Bites and Stings
- Poisonous Plants
The following will be provided;
- Course & Class Pre and Post First Aid Assessment
- Practical Demonstrations
Duration is 2 days (One day for compulsory Induction and another for day for Practical)
Course Fee is N100,000 per trainee