Travels and Protocol Management.
Travels and Protocol management training is the second largest controllable expense. In order to control the expense, you must know how to manage travel spend. The Fundamentals of Business Travel Management.
This course is designed as a guide to the primary components of managed travel. Attendees will learn how each component intersects with the required competencies and skill sets needed in business travel management. The Fundamentals course teaches participants to maximize cost containment, improve efficiency and create a managed travel culture in a company. Attendees will hear expert course facilitators on the subjects of travel safety and security, travel spending trends and benchmark metrics.
An overview of business travel technology will be included along with a comprehensive discussion on travel policy, savings opportunities and calculating the ROI of a managed travel programme.
Designed as a guide to the key facets of managed travel, the Fundamentals curriculum includes the full range of basics — safety, policy, trends, performance, and more. Through this course participants gain a career boost and a better understanding of business travel management.
Overview of Travel Management
Managing Agency Relationship
Security and Risk Management
Travel Technology Basics
Measuring Success: Trends, Forecasting and Reporting Value
Who Should Take the Course?
Travel Managers new to travel management
Course Benefits includes;
- Advising travelers or preparers on appropriate documentation and lead times required for sponsored travel and outside activities, domestic travel, foreign travel, premium class, non-contract carrier, foreign flag carrier, actual expense allowance and leave requests.
- Coordination within program area to maintain an awareness of upcoming travel and ensure adequate lead times to prepare applicable documentation (e.g., notification of foreign travel, sponsored travel).
- Reviewing travel vouchers and authorizations to ensure they can be accomplished within available funds.
- Reviewing and approving travel authorizations and travel vouchers in the corporate trips to ensure that they are in accordance with travel Regulations and related policies.
- Managing travel cards (distribution, policies) and auditing travel files.
- Providing information to program staff on policies and procedures for travelers and invited guests.
- Processes and tracks travel actions using various travel information systems.
- Monitoring travel submissions and coordinates resolution of travel issues and concerns.
- Collection and/or organizing data to provide applicable information for periodic data calls.
Travels and Protocol ManagementCourse Content
The right documents, at the right time, in the right place
- Organizing passports, processing visas and overcoming the complexities and problems
- Compliance with entry requirements and immigration rules
- Ensuring the health, safety and security of staff and visitors
- Booking tickets; timetables; time differences; holidays; cancellations
- Airport procedures, requirements and duties
Accommodation and international travel requirements
- Factors to chose and book the most appropriate hotel and rooms
- Car transport; tolls; parking; rental; security; motorcades
- Meeting the demands of business travel: payment methods and exchange rates
- Methods to research all possible options and prioritize the best
Exhibitions, conferences, visits and events – nationally and internationally
- Planning and organizing events, conferences and visits
- Organising, exhibiting at or attending exhibitions
- Trade visits and the protocol for them
- Greeting foreign dignitaries, flying flags correctly and meeting expectations
- Order of precedence for official ceremonies
- Analyzing the factors of Logistics
- Earn Value Logistics Systems
- Strategic Forecasting techniques
- Tactical/Departmental Forecasting techniques
- Operations Forecasting techniques
- Logistics stakeholders Management
- Travels Stakeholders planning
- Travels Stakeholders Priotization
- Travels Stakeholders optimization
- Power/Interest Grid Matrix as a tool
- E-Travels and bookings using any kind of ERP(Enterprise Resource Planner)
- Logistics Risk Management
- Logistics Risk Auditing
- Logistics Risk Priotization and Categorization
- Logistics Performance Management
- Harmonizing the goals of the different channel members
Budgeting and cost control
- Budgeting accurately and meaningfully
- Monitoring authorization, approvals, expenditure, allowances, expenses and receipts
- Cost control for ensuring that expenses are legitimate
- Cancellations, claims, reimbursements, hospitality
- Insurance which is robust, appropriate and up-to-date
- Types off channel conflict management
- Analyzing Channel gaps
- Effective tools to address gaps
- Third Party Travels Management
- Developing a 3PL and 4PL Travels Agency Performance System
|3 (three) days|